August 24, 2017
Dear Experian, I cosigned for my son to get a vehicle, and I was unaware he missed a payment. I just found out by checking my credit report, and...
June 29, 2017
Dear Experian, I am an international student. It was very difficult for me to get a credit card application approved even after getting a job and getting a Social...
May 18, 2017
Dear Experian, How does being an authorized user affect my credit? The account is in good standing and has a long history, but a high — 85 percent —...
April 20, 2017
Dear Experian, My credit score is excellent, but I want the highest score that is available. What is the highest credit score possible? – BHB Dear BHB, The highest...
April 4, 2017
Dear Experian, I was checking my credit score this month and can see my score came down. It gave the reason “% of balances to credit limits is too...
March 2, 2017
Dear Experian, Do inquiries for preapproved offers damage your credit report? I am trying to make an informed decision on whether to opt out of these solicitations. – HNS...
January 5, 2017
Dear Experian, What steps can I take to improve my credit score by 100 points? – KKB Dear KKB, Every credit history is unique, so it’s impossible to say...
October 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I need to boost my credit score in a 1-2 month span to get a home loan. I currently have a 620 and I need a 680....
September 29, 2016
Dear Experian, My friend has a poor credit score. She already has some credit cards as well as a personal loan with fixed monthly installments ending in next six...
September 13, 2016
Dear Experian, Why doesn’t my credit score update or change? The last date on my credit score says September 2014. I have been working hard since then to bring...
September 1, 2016
Dear Experian, I just opened a new credit card and I’m trying to learn more about how credit cards affect my credit score. I believe I have four credit cards...
August 31, 2016
Dear Experian, My FICO credit score is “stuck” at 680. I have not had any late payments. I’ve had two car loans over the last 10 years that I...
July 18, 2016
Dear Experian, What is the difference between a “Plus” score and a “FICO” score? On a June credit report from Experian my Plus score was 790 (330-830), while my FICO...
July 14, 2016
Dear Experian, I have a friend who took out a personal loan just so she could build up her credit. She's nearly 40 with no credit. She still has six...
June 1, 2015
Dear Experian, I got my credit report, but where is my credit score? How do I get it? - JLE
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported