August 17, 2017
Over the last few years, there has been explosive growth in the use of prepaid debit cards. In fact, use of these cards rose by 50% between 2012 and...
August 17, 2017
Rewards credit cards are hot: a recent Experian survey found 45% of Americans who plan to apply for new credit cards are doing so because they want rewards cards....
August 8, 2017
Dear Experian, Is it better to pay off the entire balance on a credit card each month, or to always leave a small balance to carry over? – OHR...
May 2, 2017
Dear Experian, I have one credit card that I use as my main card most of the time. I also have two airline cards that I rarely use. I’m...
February 23, 2017
Dear Experian, What would happen if I didn’t pay my credit card bill, but I pay all my other bills on time every month? Would it still hurt my...
February 2, 2017
Dear Experian, Do credit card inquiries hurt you long-term? If I apply for credit and am denied, how many points will my score drop? – PYL Dear PYL, It’s...
January 26, 2017
Dear Experian, I have an account listed as “Closed – Account closed at Credit Grantor’s Request.” What does this mean? I was never late on any payment for this...
January 19, 2017
Dear Experian, Does closing a credit card account that I don’t use hurt my credit? – TMY Dear TMY, Yes, closing a credit card account you no longer use...
November 2, 2016
Dear Experian, I think I have too many credit cards and would like to close a couple. I have good payment history with these credit cards; however, I heard...
August 2, 2016
Dear Experian, I don’t have enough credit history to generate a score, so I got a secured card with a $500 limit. I have been making small charges, less...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, My husband and I have several credit cards, all with limits under $1,500.00. We wanted to pay off and close the high-rate cards we don't use, because we...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, How do you get rid of too many credit cards even if you haven't used them for years? Also, some credit card companies are charging fees. How do...
July 14, 2016
Dear Experian, I just paid off a lot of my credit card debt. When will I see it take effect on my credit report? - DUK
July 13, 2016
Dear Experian, I am thinking about cancelling a few credit cards that have a zero balance that I don't use but have a great payment history with. How will this...
July 12, 2016
Dear Experian, What happens if your credit card goes over your limit? What are the best options in your opinion? - JNT
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported