May 2, 2017
Dear Experian, I have one credit card that I use as my main card most of the time. I also have two airline cards that I rarely use. I’m...
April 18, 2017
Dear Experian, Is it better to pay off the entire balance on a credit card each month, or to always leave a small balance to carry over? – OHR...
February 23, 2017
Dear Experian, What would happen if I didn’t pay my credit card bill, but I pay all my other bills on time every month? Would it still hurt my...
February 2, 2017
Dear Experian, Do credit card inquiries hurt you long-term? If I apply for credit and am denied, how many points will my score drop? – PYL Dear PYL, It’s...
January 26, 2017
Dear Experian, I have an account listed as “Closed – Account closed at Credit Grantor’s Request.” What does this mean? I was never late on any payment for this...
January 19, 2017
Dear Experian, Does closing a credit card account that I don’t use hurt my credit? – TMY Dear TMY, Yes, closing a credit card account you no longer use...
November 2, 2016
Dear Experian, I think I have too many credit cards and would like to close a couple. I have good payment history with these credit cards; however, I heard...
August 2, 2016
Dear Experian, I don’t have enough credit history to generate a score, so I got a secured card with a $500 limit. I have been making small charges, less...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, My husband and I have several credit cards, all with limits under $1,500.00. We wanted to pay off and close the high-rate cards we don't use, because we...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, How do you get rid of too many credit cards even if you haven't used them for years? Also, some credit card companies are charging fees. How do...
July 14, 2016
Dear Experian, I just paid off a lot of my credit card debt. When will I see it take effect on my credit report? - DUK
July 13, 2016
Dear Experian, I am thinking about cancelling a few credit cards that have a zero balance that I don't use but have a great payment history with. How will this...
July 12, 2016
Dear Experian, What happens if your credit card goes over your limit? What are the best options in your opinion? - JNT
November 23, 2015
Dear Experian, Is an authorized user responsible for the debt? If an authorized user is removed from the credit card, can the credit card also be removed from the...
September 21, 2014
Dear Experian, I added my roommate onto my credit card and lost my job. I had difficulty paying it off and it was closed. Now, her credit has been affected....
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score