Articles by The Experian Team
November 15, 2016
Dear Experian, I sent a debt validation letter to a collection agency and it’s been over 30 days and still I haven’t received a response. How long do I...
November 10, 2016
Dear Experian, I was divorced in 2007. My husband kept the mortgage and stayed in the home. I was removed from the title and responsibility of that loan in...
November 8, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m trying to buy a car. How can I improve my credit score quickly? What credit score do I need to buy a car? – BBK Dear...
November 3, 2016
Dear Experian, How do I begin repairing my credit history? How does credit repair work? – BLR Dear BLR, What is Credit Repair? When people mention credit repair, they...
November 2, 2016
Dear Experian, I think I have too many credit cards and would like to close a couple. I have good payment history with these credit cards; however, I heard...
October 27, 2016
Dear Experian, What is needed to remove a charge off from your credit report if you pay the disputed amount? – HWM Dear HWM, Charged Off Accounts Not Removed...
October 25, 2016
Dear Readers, A secured loan is any loan that is backed or guaranteed by collateral. This means that if you default on the loan payments, the lender can take...
October 18, 2016
Dear Experian, I have significant credit card debt and I’m considering a consolidation loan. Is this a good idea? What other debt management options are there? – JCB Dear...
October 18, 2016
Dear Experian, I had some financial difficulty last year and defaulted on my student loan in an amount close to $5,000. I have the money to pay it off...
October 13, 2016
Dear Experian, I have recently obtained my credit report from my bank and do not need one from Experian. How can I go about disputing an incorrect item on...
October 11, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked whether you can buy a car with a credit card. As with most credit questions, it depends. The answer is that it depends...
October 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I need to boost my credit score in a 1-2 month span to get a home loan. I currently have a 620 and I need a 680....
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported