Articles by The Experian Team
October 18, 2016
Dear Experian, I had some financial difficulty last year and defaulted on my student loan in an amount close to $5,000. I have the money to pay it off...
October 13, 2016
Dear Experian, I have recently obtained my credit report from my bank and do not need one from Experian. How can I go about disputing an incorrect item on...
October 11, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked whether you can buy a car with a credit card. As with most credit questions, it depends. The answer is that it depends...
October 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I need to boost my credit score in a 1-2 month span to get a home loan. I currently have a 620 and I need a 680....
October 4, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked what a cash advance is and if it can hurt credit reports and scores. A cash advance is essentially a short term loan...
September 29, 2016
Dear Experian, My friend has a poor credit score. She already has some credit cards as well as a personal loan with fixed monthly installments ending in next six...
September 27, 2016
Dear Experian, I just filed an initial fraud alert with another credit bureau. Do I need to file an additional report with you? – DRP Dear DRP, No, you...
September 22, 2016
Dear Experian, The balance on one of my credit cards is so high that making payments has been difficult. What’s the best thing to do with minimal damage to...
I have a large amount of debt from payday loans. What do I need to know about payday loan relief and debt consolidation?
September 20, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked about payday loans and debt consolidation. Payday loans are short-term loans where an individual can borrow funds needed to cover unexpected expenses until...
September 13, 2016
Dear Experian, Why doesn’t my credit score update or change? The last date on my credit score says September 2014. I have been working hard since then to bring...
September 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m currently a college student. How do I start building credit? Is having a credit card enough to establish credit while being a college student? – KMA...
September 1, 2016
Dear Experian, I just opened a new credit card and I’m trying to learn more about how credit cards affect my credit score. I believe I have four credit cards...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score