Articles by The Experian Team
December 20, 2016
Dear Experian, I want to help my son build his credit. Is cosigning for a car loan a smart way to do it? Cash flow is not an issue,...
December 15, 2016
Dear Experian, When I checked my credit report through an online service, my report showed that I had nothing in collections. When a bank that I went to pulled...
December 14, 2016
Dear Experian, My handbag was stolen recently and with it I lost my license, our Social Security numbers, etc. I am planning to put a credit freeze on my...
December 8, 2016
Dear Experian, If I have an introductory zero-interest window on a new credit card (15 months), and I use that card to pay off a home renovation – will...
December 6, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m going through a divorce, and I need to get an apartment; therefore, I need advice on how to get my credit score up as much as...
December 1, 2016
Dear Experian, What is a revolving account? – ABP Dear ABP, The term “revolving credit” or “revolving account” refers to an account on your credit report that has a...
November 22, 2016
Dear Experian, I took out a car loan to help build my credit. I was thinking about paying if off in February. I would have had the loan for...
November 17, 2016
Dear Experian, I paid off a $47 medical bill I didn’t know about in May 2016. I just saw it’s still on my credit report. I contacted the collection...
November 15, 2016
Dear Experian, I sent a debt validation letter to a collection agency and it’s been over 30 days and still I haven’t received a response. How long do I...
November 10, 2016
Dear Experian, I was divorced in 2007. My husband kept the mortgage and stayed in the home. I was removed from the title and responsibility of that loan in...
November 8, 2016
Dear Experian, I’m trying to buy a car. How can I improve my credit score quickly? What credit score do I need to buy a car? – BBK Dear...
November 3, 2016
Dear Experian, How do I begin repairing my credit history? How does credit repair work? – BLR Dear BLR, What is Credit Repair? When people mention credit repair, they...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders