Articles by The Experian Team
August 14, 2015
Dear Experian, How do I amend my credit report to show that a federal tax lien has been released? - CCF
July 31, 2015
Dear Experian, There is a previous employer listed in my credit report that I have never heard of nor worked for. How might this impact my credit rating, and how...
July 25, 2015
Dear Experian, How do I lift my freeze in your company? - GSN
July 24, 2015
Dear Experian, Will disputing a charge on my credit card affect my credit? Can the company with which I am in dispute give me a bad credit report? My phone...
June 1, 2015
Dear Experian, I got my credit report, but where is my credit score? How do I get it? - JLE
May 4, 2015
Dear Experian, It appears that my credit report is being mixed with my cousin’s. I have requested a copy of the report by mail, but received a letter that the...
May 3, 2015
Dear Experian, Someone tried to file an income tax return using our names and Social Security numbers, so I need to report identity theft to Experian. How do I...
April 27, 2015
Dear Experian, I have requested a credit line increase from my credit card company three times, and have been declined each time. Does this affect my credit history? - GSR
April 24, 2015
Dear Experian, Will it have more of an impact on my credit report if I stop making my mortgage payments and become 90 days or more delinquent during a short...
April 11, 2015
Dear Experian, I have been approved for two credit cards with two different limits and interest rates. One offers cash back rewards. I am trying to build my credit....
April 9, 2015
Dear Experian, I traded in a car and the dealership paid the remainder of the account balance. When will the account show on my credit report as paid in...
April 9, 2015
Dear Experian, Why does my good credit not show on my credit report? - WRB
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- How much does your credit score drop if you close a card?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: What Lenders Look at on Your Credit Report
- Getting List of Creditors and Debts from Credit Report
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Loan Modification Could Hurt Your Credit Score