You can submit disputes anytime online or by telephone

Dear Experian,

Can I dispute incorrect information at anytime online?



Dear EWA,

You can dispute information online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year with only one requirement. You must first obtain your personal credit report directly from Experian.

Your personal report is available free once a year through http://www.annualcreditreport.com/. You can also obtain free credit reports if your Experian report is used and your application for credit has been declined or you have had other adverse action taken, you believe you may be a victim of fraud or identity theft, your receive public welfare assistance or you are unemployed and seeking employment.

If you do not meet one of the above criteria, you may purchase a personal credit report for a nominal fee at www.experian.com/reportaccess or by calling 1 888 EXPERIAN (1 888 397 3742). The price varies by state.

You can also obtain unlimited access to your personal credit report by subscribing to a credit monitoring service such as http://www.freecreditscore.com/.

First obtaining your personal report ensures you have the most current information. Your personal report includes instructions to dispute any information you believe is inaccurate.

Most disputes can be submitted online at any time. There are some exceptions, such as fraud issues, that may require speaking to a representative or mailing additional documentation. If so, you will be provided instructions on how to do so.

Thanks for asking.

- The “Ask Experian” team

  • ©2015 Experian Information Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.